The Watson Automatic Shotgun is a weapon exclusive to console versions of F.E.A.R. First Encounter Assault Recon.
The weapon, as stated above, is exclusive only to the PS3 version of the game.
It can be found in the exclusive Delta Force mission, used by the Replica Heavy Armor, and an Elite Replica holds one near the end of the main game.
The Watson Automatic Shotgun functions similar to the VK-12 Combat Shotgun, but the Automatic shotgun is automatic, a trait shared with the Sub-Machine gun and the Assault Rifle. Like the VK-12, the Watson Automatic Shotgun Is a strong, powerful weapon. It's drawbacks is that ammo is scarce once the player picks it up, and no normal Replica troops use it and hold it through out the game, execpt for Heavy Armor and the Replica's "Elite" variant. The Watson Automatic Shotgun isn't meant to be the player's primary, as the weapon's scarcity in Intervals suggest that it is meant to be used by Heavy and Elite troops.
In F.E.A.R. Files, this weapon can be found in certain multiplayer and instant action maps.
- Since it only appears in the console ports, it is most likely non-canon.
- This weapon is based on South African Armsel Striker, but with much more advanced feeding system like Atchisson Assault Shotgun, while the Striker in real life has to load the 12 Gauge Shells individually, the SAS-12 can just replace the magazine.
- The SAS-12 is also being inspired by Milkor MGL Mk.1, which is almost cosmetically identical.
- This weapon, along with the SM15 Machine Pistol, are created by the lead artist Erik Denham, who assisted the development of the console port. 
- There is clearly a visible forgrip, but the player never actually uses it at all, and the viewmodel is bugged.