Manuel "Manny" Morales is a character that appears in F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin. He is the driver of the Dark Signal squad sent to take Armacham Technology Corporation president Genevieve Aristide into protective custody.
F.E.A.R. 2: Project OriginEdit
A wisecracking but efficient soldier who loves his job, he serves as Dark Signal's APC driver, but is capable of fighting when required. He is the only Dark Signal member who is not a Harbinger candidate (although he is mentioned to be a "reserve" by Dr. York, who seems pessimistic about Morales's usefulness), and may be the only member of Dark Signal that is still alive, as Lt. Keira Stokes died and Michael Becket does not survive the events of F.E.A.R. 3. Although he doesn't appear in F.E.A.R. 3, it is a bit ambiguous if he made it out of Fairport or not. What became of him. His last words in the game are "Good luck, man," which he says to Becket.
Sgt. Morales is last seen guarding the APC outside of the Still Island facility. He is instrumental in the mission to find Genevieve Aristide, and again in reaching Still Island's Telesthetic Amplifier, having successfully transported the team in and out of dangerous situations. He is steady under pressure, and is able to make quick decisions (such as driving the APC into the subway) that have proven useful for the completion of the mission and the preservation of his team's lives. He does, however, seem to have a slight love for combat, as evidenced in the final Replica battle, where his flamboyant taunting produces several memorable quotes.
- Main article: Manuel Morales/Quotes
- Morales is mistakenly referred to as "Manfred" Morales in the companion book provided with pre-ordered copies of F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin at GameStop.
- He is the only Hispanic member of Dark Signal.
- He is the only known NPC to operate heavy weaponry.
- He has humorous combat dialogue in the game. For example: "Bullets taste like chicken, don't they!"
- Morales is the only character, other than Becket, measured to have an "Outstanding" mental stability in Dr. York's tests.
- Morales likely set the Snake Fist heavy metal theme song to play over the APC's loudspeakers during the final Replica battle, which would fit with his flamboyant personality.
- Morales is the only Dark Signal member to be alive, since he does not have psychic abilities. Morales is special, making him immune to Alma's Apparitions, hallucinations, and Alma herself.
- Morales, along with James Fox, are the only members of Dark Signal whose pictures don't appear in the achievements/trophies.
|Delta Force Operatives|
|A. Shepard • Bremmer • Cedric Griffin • D. Passalaqua • Douglas Holiday • E. Cotton • Harold Keegan • James Fox • Keira Stokes • Manuel Morales • Michael Becket • P. MacReady • P. Niculescu • Redd Jankowski • T. Atwood • Redd Schofield|