These are the Secrets and Easter Eggs found in F.E.A.R. Extraction Point.
Secrets and Easter EggsEdit
- In Interval 05 - Extraction Point - Malignancy, if the player shoots several times at the air vent above the painting of the waterfall in room 56B (after the nurse creature), the wall in the room will open up, leading to a secret area with Norton Mapes doing a bizarre dance in front of a weird picture. The player can then shoot Mapes to kill him.
- In Interval 05 - Extraction Point - Malignancy part 1, just in the waiting room where the player starts out the level, there are some magazines on the tables with unusual names, such as: "PC FEAR," "TRUST," and "Fried Chicken Monthly, the premier poultry magazine."
- In the level Dark Heart, after Alma Wade's two halves reunite, a secret room can be found in the storage room by entering the vent system above a stack of white crates, then smashing the spinning fan inside to get past. Norton Mapes's ragdoll body will be dancing in a multicolored room with the theme music from Shogo: Mobile Armor Division playing in the background.
- Dell makes what can be considered an in-game advertisement with XPS-themed monitors, cpu cases and laptops. They start appearing at the last part of Interval 03 and are seen throughout the warehouse and the parking building.
- In several places in the subway, subway maps are present (seemingly to increase realism), however these are actually parts of real New York City Metro subway maps. This is likely just an easter egg, since the F.E.A.R. series takes place in a fictional (and seemingly west-coast) city called Fairport. Some of the maps are blurred to make them less recognizable, but on a few the writing and symbols are clear and are thus easily recognized as New York subway maps.
- The picture behind Mapes could possibly be a poster of Shogo: Mobile Armor Division series.
Achievements are rewards earned for meeting a specific goal. Below is a list of obtainable achievements and what must be done to earn each.
|Instant Gratification||Complete all Instant Action maps on any difficulty in any order||20 points|
|Glutton for Punishment||Complete all Instant Action maps on Extreme difficulty in any order||55 points|
|Entering Desolation||Complete the Extraction Point campaign through Holiday||30 points|
|Confronting the Leviathans||Complete the Extraction Point campaign through The L||30 points|
|Living in Fear||Complete the Extraction Point campaign||60 points|
|Mastery of Fear||Complete the Extraction Point campaign on Extreme||75 points|
|Achievement Boost||Find all the health and Slow-mo boosters in the Extraction Point campaign||40 points|
|No Batteries||Complete the Extraction Point campaign without letting the flashlight run down||15 points|
|Fear My Wrath||Kill every enemy in the Extraction Point campaign||55 points|
|Take a Message||Answered all the phones in the Extraction Point campaign||15 points|
|Laser Showoff||Kill 30 enemies with the Type-12 Laser Carbine||15 points|
|Minigun Marauder||Kill 30 enemies with the TG-2A Minigun||15 points|
|Control Freak||Capture 25 control points in ranked Control matches||15 points|
|Conquering Hero||Capture 25 control points in ranked Conquer All matches||15 points|
|Cycle of F.E.A.R.||Win a ranked multiplayer game on all maps (gametype not important)||35 points|
|Fear the Reaper||Kill 3 players while Slow-Mo is active in a ranked Slow-Mo multiplayer match||10 points|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.